GOTHIC | AJG
Project title: Sculptures from AJG’s Ghotic Collection
Location: České Budějovice, Czech Republic
Client: Aleš South Bohemian Gallery
Aleš South Bohemian Gallery is the only art museum in the South Bohemian region and belongs to the five largest institutions of its kind in the Czech Republic. It started its activities on 1 January 1953 and was named by Mikoláš Aleš, a South Bohemian painter (1852-1913). It runs two branches – ceramics in Bechyně and exhibiton space in the Wortner house in České Budějovice. The collections include Gothic art from the region, Czech and European art from the 16th to 19th century, a remarkable collection of Dutch paintings. Documenting its gothic precious collection we mainly focused on looking for the perfect light. Not too sharp and not too superficial in the same time. Our goal was to simulate original conditions of medieval churches.